Saturday, February 2, 2008

Live from I'm supposed to get a hobby

Well Well....this month is Febuary for all you that did not know it. I was told last night by my mom that I should get a hobby so the I can find a way to release my stress. Well I have been looking and guess what...I still haven't found one. I want to write, but I don't have a story in mind because when I get stressed I get writer's block. Delimma number 1. I now have to write two more essays because of the We the People competition and I don't really want to, which in turn is making me have no time for a hobby because I am procrastinating. Delimma number 2. I don't even know if I'm spelling Delimma right. delimma number 3. So right now I don't have a hobby and I'm stressed over college stuff. So far this month I am going to Nebraska to visit the school and then that next weekend going to Pacific to get more scholarship money. I have been making a pro and cons list of each school and guess what...they have exactly the same number of each. As I was told by a very wise man (cough my brother cough), "I will always be wrong no matter what school I pick." Well thanks Dave that really helps me out now if I go to the wrong school I am blaming it all on you.
Nebraska has started what I think is a great idea. They have this thing like a myspace, but for admitted student to get to know other admitted students before school starts. I think this is awesome because I have already met some cool people that are going there. One plus on the Nebraska side. Then one of the people who I am talking to told me that she was told during her tour that only 10-15 people get into the Film and New Media Arts major out of an average of 40 people who apply every year. A check mark for Pacific, and here I am again at the tie. When she told me this the stress level once again rose to 1000% mark, which I know you can only have 100%, but too bad. So Febuary first is when they start to look at them, which was last Friday, and now I think I will not get in and will be condemed to Pacific. Now don't get me wrong Pacific's a great school, but I want to base my decision on what school is the best for me, not the only one that will let me in. So basically I am screwed. Maybe I should write a song like someone else...it would go like this, "I'm screwed YAY!!!," I can smell the Grammy's already. Well I'm beat and I am going to go look for a hobby, maybe I can become a psychic, maybe that would be fun, but then I would stress other people out by telling them they will die next week. I think my interim (Mr. Scott would be proud) hobby for tonight will be to go to sleep. I'll post another blog someday again....

3 comments:

Lucinda said...

The only bit of advice I took when choosing schools was to pick the one that felt the best. You know, when you walk around is it comfy? I don't know why or how, but it helped. Also, I have found a hobby for you: learn how to pick locks. I'm sure it's relaxing...or something. Just an idea.

Anonymous said...

Ha!

Pick locks...
if only she knew...

St. Ardbeg's Hospital for the Terminally Befuddled said...

Pick locks? You hang with far too many semi-juvenile delinquents. (BTB - you're right. Dilemma is spelled like that.)

I still can't pry your Hamlet movie from your brother. Fair enough since I still have his book, but I wd like to see it.

As long as you are considering illegal activities for a hobby, consider vandalism. It lets off amazing amounts of stress. I recommend breaking things: windows, lights - you know, things that make nice tinkling and crashing sounds. It's good for the soul. Oh, don't forget to run fast afterwards. Nighttime is best.

TTFN

p.s. It was nice to see you at the Pac game. Too bad we didn't have time to chat a bit. Nadine and I took David and Caitlin out for a bite afterwards - you were invited.