Friday, December 7, 2007

Live from Forest Grove Oregon

Sitting here I have been thinking about how excited I am to leave high school and all the drama that comes with it. Coming out to Oregon and visiting this college has been an awesome experience. Today I had a tour and met with some of the professors for film production and also the softball coach. The Pacific media arts might be small right now but it is so good it is the best one in the Northwest. Today was just an amazing experience and I really like it out here. It isn't to hot and it doesn't snow all the time like in Montana. I am just in awe at how impressed I am with tis place. You truly don't know how great this place is until you visit. The academic part of it is also amazing. I know if I go here no matter what type of degree I come out with at the end this school seems like it will provide me with the first steps into my "adult" life. I was talking about how the media arts program was great and after having one of the professors show me around I just want to go home and work on my three minute synopsis of Hamlet that I have to do for English. I am inspired by so many different things out here.
Yesterday when my brother picked me up he gave me a tour of Portland and showed me all the different places. Walking around and getting on the one things I can't remember what they are called, but they are like trolley cars, I started to feel like writing and filming. There is something out here tat just is like a muse or something. I also love how it is a big city only 45 minutes form Forest Grove, which if you didn't know that is Portland but anyways I love big cities and you can easily walk around the whole place. You don't need a car or anything but everything is right at your fingertips. I can't stress how much I have started to love this area of Oregon.
This isn't my final decision yet, I am still going to go visit Nebraska and see how I like it there I just need to be able to do it on my own when I go on the tour. I think that is one of the great things I loved about this trip. I was able to go out on my own and talk to these people on my own I didn't have parents here I was able to just look at it by myself. I just hope I can decide soon which one I feel he greatest at.

No comments: